Lamplighter Media Productions

Filed under Club Spotlights

Future Business Leaders of America

The Future Business Leaders of America is an established club at Dunbar in which students can compete at the regional, state and national levels in a variety of subjects. It is currently the largest career student business organization in the world.

At Dunbar, junior Helen Pang is the president of the school’s FBLA chapter.

“There are lots of different opportunities in FBLA like business to medicine to public speaking so you can gain knowledge in a wide variety of fields while overall gaining a business understanding,” she said.

“The meetings consist of giving information on the competitions,” said freshman Charles Snoddy. “There are tons of events, they each focus on a different area of business like accounting, advertising, and management.”

FBLA helps students prepare for college and careers by participating in leadership activities such as fundraisers, and community service projects. High school students can also explore colleges, academic competitions and community service projects and are often eligible for scholarships.

“I decided to join FBLA because it prepares me for the future. It gives me real-life experience,” freshman Nancy Zhang said.

The club is sponsored by business teacher, Mrs. Robin Johnson.

About the Writer
Brooke Abell, Staff Reporters

My name is Brooke and writing has always been a big part of my life since I was little. It was always a goal of mine to write a book, and I still hope...