Illuminating the News for the Students by the Students

Lamplighter Media Productions

Lamplighter Media Productions

Lamplighter Media Productions

Eleanor Davis

Eleanor Davis, Editor-in-Chief

I'm Eleanor Davis and I am a Senior at Dunbar. This year marks my third year on staff and I am fortunate enough to be one of the Editors-in-Chief for Lamplighter. Last year, I was the Human Resources Editor. Not only did I learn important leadership skills that I plan on implementing this year, but I was also able to practice my writing skills and produce many different articles and blogs.

As an editor, I plan on making our staff an efficient, effective journalism program. My main goal is to make Lamplighter even more of a force than it already is. I hope that this is evident by us winning competitions and making our voice known.

Outside of Lamplighter, I am a 4-time varsity volleyball player, student class president, and an active member in both beta club and student voice team. I love to go to the movies and spending time with my family is the best!

I can't wait for you to see what content I produce this year! Please continue browsing our website and Live, Love, Lamplighter!

All content by Eleanor Davis
My senior year is flying by, and this made me wonder what Id like to accomplish before I leave.

What I Want to Do Before I Leave

Eleanor Davis, Editor-in-Chief February 14, 2020

One semester. That is all I have left as a high schooler. In four months, I will be graduating, getting ready for college, and moving out. While this is an exciting and thrilling idea, it can also...

Popular brands of jeans will often leave tall girls disappointed.

I Need Longer Pants

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief December 19, 2019

If you don’t know me, you have probably seen me walking down the hallways. Yes, I am the really tall girl you see on your way to class. No, I don’t wear men’s size 13 Nike’s. Yes, I have always...

Harriet Tubman played by Cynthia Erivo is seen here from a scene in the trailer.

Upcoming Harriet Tubman Film Highly Anticipated

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief October 31, 2019

Just from the trailer alone, people are already calling Harriet to be an early Oscars favorite.  Although it may be too early to tell (especially because the movie hasn’t even been released yet)...

The charcuterie board at the Foodscape conference in Chicago.

Blog: What the Heck?

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief October 19, 2019

I love charcuterie boards. All of the meat, cheese, fruit, and even the word itself makes me feel so lavish and elegant. That is why I would have given anything to eat this record breaking charcuterie...

Ben Platt (left) plays Payton in Netflixs new show The Politician.

New Show Highlights the Fight to be Class President

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief October 17, 2019

When I was campaigning for senior class president, there was some tension that could be felt among the candidates. Some rumors spread, some petty comments made, but for the most part, it was pretty amiable....

The mountain that hosts the worlds deadliest road is around 11,00 feet high.

Blog: What the Heck?

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief October 15, 2019

70-year old Bolivian Mirtha Munoz recently conquered “Death Road.” This natural trail starts at the dense jungle in the bottom of the Andes, then it claims 11,000 feet to the snow-covered peaks. The...

The painting found in the kitchen that will be auctioned on October 27th.

Weekly Blog: What the Heck?

Eleanor Davis, Editor-in-Chief September 30, 2019

Recently, a French woman got her painting from her kitchen wall appraised. It turns out the painting is not just an ordinary painting, but a piece done by the 13th century Renaissance artist  Cimabue...

Blog: My Weekly What the Heck?

Blog: My Weekly ‘What the Heck?’

Eleanor Davis, Editor-In-Chief September 12, 2019

The news is everywhere: on our TV’s, our laptops, our computers, our phones. It is one of the most accessible things in our life. The question is how much do we actually read it? And when we do, do...

Eleanor Davis, now a senior, shares her advice for younger students. This is her freshman picture. Shes learned a lot since then.

Freshman Lessons from a Senior

Fumbling around with their schedules in hand and their new backpacks in tow, freshmen are extremely easy to spot. It’s like a new species roaming around in an unfamiliar habitat, trying to adapt but...

A 2019 Met Gala Play-by-Play

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Manager May 7, 2019

The Met Gala is the annual fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. This event not only kicks off the opening of the exhibit but it also acts as fashion’s biggest day. Being...

Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie during their 2019 Billboard Music Awards performance.

2019 Billboard Music Awards

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Editor May 2, 2019

This 2019 Billboard Awards, hosted by Kelly Clarkson, had many highlights. This included the impactful opener by the host herself where she sang a whole melody of today’s best hits including "Boo'd Up,"...

Lamplighter 2019-2020 Editorial Board.

Becoming Editor-in-Chief

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Editor April 30, 2019

Recently I was chosen to become one of the Editors-in-Chief (EIC) of PLD’s school media program. While I couldn’t be more excited, I am also nervous about what next year holds. This year I was the...

Arbor Day is a national holiday where people are encouraged to plant trees.

What is Arbor Day?

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Editor April 26, 2019

Arbor Day, celebrated on April 26, is a national holiday where groups and individuals are encouraged to plant trees. Similar to Earth Day, Arbor Day is an environmental holiday that hopes to encourage...

Celebrating the Women in My Life

Celebrating the Women in My Life

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Manager March 8, 2019

International Women’s Day is when we all can celebrate the remarkable women who have impacted our lives. This includes the women sitting at our kitchen table. Every time my grandparents come over, the...

African Americans preparing for their journey.

Migration Theme for 2019 Black History Month

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources Manager February 11, 2019

There are many memorable figures who are honored during Black History Month, including Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Booker T. Washington, Louis Armstrong, Malcolm X, Angela Davis, Sammy Davis Jr.,...

Women in Hollywood walking the red carpet.

New Golden Globes Inspired Trends

Eleanor Davis, Human Resources January 14, 2019

The Golden Globes Awards is a celebration of the movies and television series that were produced and broke many barriers in 2018. From Black Panther to A Star is Born to Killing Eve, the Golden Globes...

Leah Edmond in action.

Dunbar Graduate Named SEC Player of the Year

Eleanor Davis and Allison Jones December 19, 2018

This fall has been of the University of Kentucky’s best seasons in history. With every cylinder firing in sync, Kentucky was able to defeat every team in the SEC, only dropping a total of six sets. Believe...

Student Athlete of the Week: Grayson Shively

Eleanor Davis, Staff Reporter November 30, 2018

Senior Grayson Shively (#0)  plays for Dunbar's boys' basketball team as a starting guard.

Boys Basketball Defeated By Catholic

Boys’ Basketball Defeated By Catholic

Remy Milburn and Eleanor Davis December 13, 2017
Dunbar boys' basketball team lost to Lexington Catholic on Dec. 8 with a final score of 42-59.
Bulldogs Lose Close Game Against The Defenders

Remy Milburn, Eleanor Davis, and Kate Deskins October 23, 2017
Dunbar football lost to Bryan Station on Oct. 20 with a score of 18-20.

Dunbar Teachers Share Unique Hobbies

Eleanor Davis and Katherine Lin October 20, 2017

Every day, teachers come into the Dunbar building with one thing in mind: educating their students and setting them on the right path. But many teachers have a rich life outside of the classroom as...

Celebrating Dunbar’s Cafeteria Staff During National Lunch Week

Eleanor Davis, Staff Reporter October 10, 2017

This week is National Lunch Week, which was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1962. This year's theme is “School Lunch: Recipes for Success." The National School Lunch Program serves more...

Bulldogs Triumph Against Knights

Bulldogs Triumph Against Knights

Eleanor Davis, Kate Deskins, and Olivia Stotz September 18, 2017
Dunbar Boys' Soccer won 2-1 against Lexington Catholic on Sept. 14.
Load More Stories
Donate to Lamplighter Media Productions
$0
$600
Contributed
Our Goal