Lamplighter Media Productions

Filed under New in Sports

The Hottest Teams in NHL right now

The top five teams competing for the Stanley Cup

Nashville Predators (13-5-1):

Nashville has played 19 games and totaled 27 points throughout, they have won 13, lost five, and went to overtime once. They have also gained an 18 plus goal difference and 13 regulation plus overtime wins. They have acquired this winning number one spot by having well-represented offensive and defensive cores. Centers Ryan Johansen and Filip Forsberg have led the team with both having 18 points. Ryan Johansen has racked up 3 goals and 15 assists while Filip Forsberg has 12 goals and 6 assists.

Tampa Bay Lighting (13-5-1):

Tampa Bay has played 19 games and accumulated 27 points with 13 wins, 5 losses, and one overtime appearance. Over this time they have gained a 15 plus goal difference and 12 regulation plus overtime wins. Tampa’s strong offense presence including present all-stars like Stamkos and Kucherov. Stamkos has 6 goals and 10 assists while Kucherov has 7 goals and 14 assists. Also, Brayden Point who has only played a few years is showing out for he has 22 points, with 12 goals and 10 assists and one of the fastest hat-tricks ever achieved(91 seconds).

Toronto Maple Leafs (13-6-0):

Toronto has played 19 games and gained 26 points with 13 wins, 5 losses, and zero overtime occurrences. They have obtained an 18 plus goal difference and 13 regulation plus overtime wins. Toronto’s offense has been terrific this season especially with their recent addition of all-star center John Tavares in the offseason; Tavares has 12 goals and 11 assists. Fellow teammate Austin Matthews has 10 goals and 6 assists in 11 games played and Mitch Marner has 6 goals and 19 assists.

Minnesota Wild (12-5-2):

Minnesota has played 19 games and secured 26 points with 12 wins, 5 losses, and 2 overtime appearances. They have captured an 11 plus goal difference and 12 regulation plus overtime wins. The Wild’s offensive has been tremendous this year resulting multiple players having over 15 points. Two of these players are Mikael Granlund having 10 goals and 9 assists and Zach Parise with 7 goals and 9 assists.

Columbus Blue Jackets (11-6-2):

Columbus has played 19 games and clinched 24 points with 11 wins, 6 losses, and 2 overtime appearances. They have achieved a 3 plus goal difference and 11 regulation plus overtime wins. Both their offense and defense have had offensive success with multiple defenders and forwards gaining ten or more points. Jacket’s forward Artemi Panarin has racked up 5 goals and 13 assists and Zach Werenski has 3 goals and 9 assists while back on defense.

About the Writer
Winston Abedi, Staff Reporter

My name is Winston Abedi, I'm a sophomore at Paul Laurence Dunbar and this is my first year participating in Lamplighter.

I'm looking forward to contributing...